If you are an outdoors person that likes to take camping trips but doesn’t enjoy the hassle of preparing meals around the campsite, then some easy camping recipes may be what you need. Easy camping recipes allow you to stay well-nourished and keep your energy level high enough to enjoy your outdoor activities such as hiking, hunting, or fishing.
By having some easy camping recipes ready, you can prepare nutritious meals for yourself while out in nature without the conveniences of a kitchen or the time consuming process of building campfires and cooking.
Foil wrapped dishes are some of the most easy camping recipes that you can take with you on your camping trip. This camp cooking method requires only minimum preparation and no cooking equipment is needed. It is also great for camping groups of any size.
A simple foil wrapped favorite is a baked potato. Wrap your washed potato in aluminum foil and place it in the coals of the fire. You should have a delicious smoke flavored potato ready in one to two hours, which you can top off with salt, pepper, butter, and any other condiments you have brought along.
Other easy camping recipes that use foil wrapped cooking include seasoned mixed vegetables. Chop, season, and wrap up your favorite vegetables such as squash, zucchini and eggplant before placing them in the hot coals.
Salad dressing makes a tasty seasoning for the vegetables. This makes a great side dish if you are preparing a campfire favorite such as steak or cooking up the fish you caught for the day.
Fish make a great meat for a foil wrapped dish. The fish picks up the smoke flavor of the fire nicely to make a healthy, energy-providing snack. For easy camping recipes that include fish, web sites are a great resource. Following is one of the many easy camping recipes that uses fish and produces an entire meal in one foil wrap:
• Gut and scale your fresh catch of the day, otherwise leaving the fish intact.
• Chop one small onion, 2 carrots, 2 small potatoes, and a zucchini or squash (or any other vegetable that is your favorite).
• Place the fish and vegetables in heavy duty aluminum foil and salt and pepper.
• Add a satisfactory amount of Italian salad dressing on top of the fish and vegetables.
• Wrap the foil package tightly and place near the coals of the campfire.
• Watch the dish closely, and remove when the vegetables are tender and the fish is done, being careful not to burn the dish.